Friday, November 21, 2008

Movie Review Twilight and Quantem of Solace

Sorry this is late. It's been a busy day with 4 hours sleep. Twilight was sold out at 12:01am with 2 theaters running it! There was about 95% women, and about 90% were under the age of 21! And so many Moms with their kids. Hey, I think it's great, we talked about the movie all the way home, and also during the day. And please little ones, leave the darn cameras at home, there is nothing more annoying than a flash going off in front of you, so go to the lobby for those candid shots of two fingers!!!
Once the movie started, you were watching this deer running in the woods....go deer! Kristen did a wonderful job as Bella, her eyes are very expressive, and the sighs, gasps and such were right on with a teen girl. Everyone twittered when Edward came on screen, and even this 38 year old can drool just a little!
On the way home we argued the merits of reading the book before the movie. I did with the Harry Potter ones, but so much time had passed, it didn't have any impact. This time, I reread the book again just a couple weeks ago. And I think it adds to the film knowing what Bella is thinking, knowing what is going to happen next. There were screen that didn't make the movie, but for a two hour movie, it went by like just a moment. I looked at my watch, debating if I could wait for the girls room, and was shocked to find there were only 10 mins. left! I wanted my do over!
Even though high school is over 20 years in my past, I can remember all the drama, the little hurts, and the heartbreaks of it. Not that I would EVER want to go back, but you smile when Edward is flirting with Bella, when they arrive at school and everyone is looking. That first kiss, your heart sighs remembering your own, the nerves of meeting the parents, the terror of prom! The music was amazing, Bella's lullaby is tender, the special effects were very well done, and boy I can't wait for the next one. Really it's the last one that has me drooling over, I can't wait to see Renesmee! And to see Bella go after Jacob!

Now this evening I was a sweet wifey-poo and went to see Quantum of Solace with my husband. I am not a big shoot them up bang them up, movie person. So this one was a little hard to get through, I was restless in my seat and looked at the clock twice. Overall I like this James Bond, I think Daniel Craig is very sexy, very troubled. The fights were very dramatic, but I want more meat, more development in the plot, in the characters. To me, there were more fight scenes than dialog! But James did some some human sides to him. I was biting my nails during the fire at the end, when he had the gun.....Like no way! But it ended as expected, and my husband was happy I seen it with him....but I was longing to have the speed to run back and forth to watch Twilight again!

1 comment:

This Guy said...

AH! You are SO lucky!! I want to see the movie BAD!! I think I am going tonight, I've heard it is Awesome! :)

Great post!! :D Im even more excited now!