Thursday, November 6, 2008

Gay, Straight, Black or White.. HATE IS NOT A FAMILY VALUE


Today I was putzing around looking at friends blogs, and checked out Mrs B blog: Confessions of a Pagan Soccer Mom....link is down below. She was talking about Section 8 in Calf. voting to ban gay marriages. And also included a link to this
one:

http://casadr.wordpress.com/2008/11/06/the-faces-of-gay-adoption/

Please read it. It will break your heart, make you think and I hope open some eyes.
I know that my head has always been in the clouds, I just can't understand how you can judge someone based on their skin color, sexual orientation, religion, hair style, or cloths they wear. Is who someone loves, or what religion they practice more important than how they treat others? How they live their life? Are they kind to kids and elders? That somehow that is less important than the color of their skin, or who they love is just saddening. Someone said to me that letting people who are gay get married would somehow reduce theirs?!?! HUN, WHAT, HOW! After giving them a look of utter disbelief, I had to walk away. I was shaken so bad, and so very angry, I would have hurt them. and Now I have to wonder, are they that insecure in their relationship? When over 60% of marriages fail, how can someone living across the country make it worse? I have friends, gay who have been in a relationship longer than others who were married. Without the legal bonds to hold them, they stood by their partners for much longer than others.

Maybe this is just the nurse in me talking but when you get below the color of someone's skin, you can't tell if they are black, white, gay or straight....

1 comment:

AwtemNymf said...

*claps* well said! Everyone deserves love. Love knows NO color! It doesn't hate, discriminate.... why should humans. I am all for gays being married. I have family members who are gay and I love them! I have friends who are gay.... To Each Their own! If their happy- who has the right to deny them that happiness! I abhor politics!
Well said though! *high-fives ya*