Friday, January 9, 2009

Movie Reviews Marley & Me and Mama Mia



Marley and Me.....anyone who has ever loved a dog with love the movie. There were laugh out loud parts, deep groans of having been there & cleaned that...yuck! The back story of Jenny & John Grogen is something most adults can relate to. Getting married, kids, the unexpected kids, and that single-worldtraveling-party every night-single friend. That touch of is this where I wanted to be, and coming to home to family. Now while I loved the movie, I HATED the ending. So SPOLIER ALERT........we all know that a dogs life is shorter than ours, and you knew it was coming, they lead up to it very well. But after....it ended....that's it, dead, buried, everyone bawling, everyone sad...and the ending credits. No come spring a new puppy, no ghostly Marley watching over the family, no healing, just over. The lights come up and everyone is still blowing noses and wiping tears, it didn't feel like there was closure. Having a golden who is now 13, and slowing down, we know this day is coming, so there we all sat with tears running down. Once home Rocky got an extra treat and some extra loving while he's here with us.






Then the other night we renting Mama Mia, and grabbed take out for a girls night at home. My two daughters 18 & 15 watched it with me. It's a feel good, light hearted movie, that also has some outragous, laugh out loud parts. It was kind of funny to relate to the Mom's side of the movie. Thinking back to your youth, wild, reckless, fearless and then the edited parts! Thoses parts that only you and the others that were there know about, and that is the way it's going to be! I love the Greek villa, even most of the dance scenes were pretty good. Of course Dancing Queen was the first 8 Track I ever bought, so it was tugging on the heartstrings. Pierce Brosnan is a still very fine looking man, and Colin Firth is just HOT per my kids! It's a toe tapping, much like reading a romance book movie. It leaves you with a smile, and a warm fuzzy feeling! I see my sister in Rosie, who's one liners have you rolling in laughter. Oh and the men dancing in flippers is something you don't want to miss. A great movie, and one I am sure to buy when it comes out.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I LOVE Colin Firth, he'll always be Mr Darcy to me, but love him in anything. Definitely HOT!

Have this movie and need to watch it still.